Koori Hospital Liaison Officer
Service Contact Details
Please use the following details to contact this service directly:
Baillie Street, Horsham Vic 3400
Tel: 03 5381 9373
Fax: 03 5382 0829
Mobile: 0408 170 437
The Koori Hospital Liaison Officer:
- facilitates access and availability of appropriate health care services and preventative health programs for Koori people;
- ensures that the services received by individual Koori patients presenting for treatment are appropriate to their needs;
- ensures that individual Koori patients are aware of alternate options available to them with regard to treatment and other health related matters;
- serves as a resource person for clinical staff on Koori health issues;
- advises clinical staff on the special needs of Koori patients;
- promotes a holistic approach to health care that recognises environmental, economic and spiritual influences;
- liaises with other health care professionals regarding patient care issues; and
- ensures appropriate support services are in place for Koori clients on their discharge from hospital.
8.30am – 5pm, Monday to Friday.
No Fees charged
Wimmera Health Care Group Koori clients
This service is available to families of indigenous patients.